Video is everywhere. Video gets you noticed. Video is a must-have in marketing. No budget for video? Wondering what video to shoot? No problem! You probably have all the technology you need already. Come along to our two half-day sessions to learn:
- How the professionals make awesome videos with a phone (morning)
- Secrets to creating marketing content that people want to watch, read and hear (afternoon)
Book for either or both sessions and hear from Martine van Woudenberg, video sports journalist; and Neville Merritt, marketing and communication expert as they share their experience and provide highly practical tips to make your marketing zing!
What you will learn
Morning session: Video techniques
Bring your smartphone! You will learn and practice the basics of professional filming techniques so you can create professional video content for your business. The focus is on short 30-60 seconds videos for social media, web sites, vlogs and online sharing.
- Filming: You will learn to use your smartphone to create professional video content. You will learn the technical aspects (no experience needed) and the creative preparation for your own story. How to prepare, shoot, use audio and create your own film as a professional.
- Interviewing: You will be able to film an interview for professional purposes.
- Storytelling: What is your audience and why are they watching? You will learn to prepare the story for your video content and film.
- Presenting: If you do want to present on video you will learn how to feel comfortable quickly and you gain easy tricks to help your interviewee feel at ease too.
- Bonus: Share and receive content ideas you can explore further in the afternoon
Afternoon session: Content
Any content is useful content, right? Wrong! There is no point creating content for video, text or podcasts unless it serves a purpose – to move customers closer to a purchase. This course shows you how to do that, and avoid creating content that is ignored or wasted. In this course you will learn:
- How to use the right content at the right time and in the right place to make an impact
- Common content mistakes and how to avoid them
- Clever ways to use content to move your customers along the buyer’s journey
- How to blend classic marketing tactics with modern technology
- Why people respond differently to content, and what we can do about it
- An insight into neuroscience that helps create great content
- What the ancient Greeks (Aristotle), Romans (Quintillion) and Cave Man (Stig) can teach us about content
…and practice a proven method for creating awesome content.
Who is this course for?
- Business Owners
- Marketing Professionals
- PR Professionals
- Educators and trainers
- Training Professionals
- HR Professionals (Comms and Recruitment)
- Sales and Product ProfessionalsCommunication Professionals
- Anyone with a smartphone who wants to share a story with professional video content.
All day (both sessions) – £179 plus booking fee and VAT
Morning only: How the professionals make awesome videos with a phone – £97 plus booking fee and VAT
Afternoon only – Secrets to creating marketing content that people want to watch, read and hear – £97 plus booking fee and VAT
Tea, coffees and water will be provided. Lunch is not included. A VAT invoice will be provided.
About the course leaders
Martine van Woudenberg is a video journalist, video editor, radio reporter and voiceover professional and owner of Waves Video. With almost 10 years of experience in marketing and customer focus and over 5 years of journalism experience in both radio and television Martine combines her business and journalism knowledge in this practical valuable Masterclass.
In 2017 her work mainly focused on mobile journalism at Videonewsreport for corporate clients in The Netherlands such as Nederlandse Spoorwegen (Dutch National Railway), The Rijksmuseum, The Red Cross and the Dutch Ministries. At the Rio Olympics she provided live and recorded reports for Allsportsradio.nl and Dutch radio. Her main interests and business partners are in sport, outdoor, health, education, events & travel.
She holds a degree in International Business Studies – Marketing and Organization at Maastricht University.
Contact Martine van Woudenberg at email@example.com.
Neville Merritt is a director at Pure Potential Development Ltd. where he helps growth companies develop successful marketing and sales strategies in a wide range of market sectors. This is delivered through Ascent Learning, the on-line learning brand under Pure Potential, and as a specialist consultant for the Enterprise M3 Growth Hub, a Local Enterprise Partnership.
Neville has over 35 years’ experience to Board level, covering sales, marketing, consulting and operational management. He brings a clear focus on practical solutions that have positive impact on the bottom line.
As chairman of techUK Marketing and Sales Group, Neville promotes the introduction of new and improved sales and marketing technologies, methods and practices.
You can find out more about the on-line marketing and sales courses at www.ascentlearning.co.uk
What previous clients have said:
“Having recently been tasked with increasing our ‘Digital Brand’, I looked to Neville for assistance. What I got in return was a content rich, easy to understand introduction to a world that I feel much more comfortable with now than I did a week ago. Thank you Neville, I’ll certainly be on one of your courses again!” – Andy Wright, Cara Telemarketing
“I learned a fantastic amount and finally have somewhere to focus my ideas rather than my typical scattergun! “ – Samia Jackson, Loki Pets
“What a difference to our marketing approach and confidence you have made to us in just such a short time too. Really appreciate your help.” – Matt Wailes, Educational Play Environments